The engagement of this project has ended
9 months ago
2) Are we correct in our assessment of routes that already meet the agreed standards (existing routes)?
3) Do you think the network of proposed (future) routes shown on this map will encourage you to walk/cycle more for everyday journeys?
3a) If no or maybe what else would help you change your current short car journeys to walking and cycling?
Possibly create a cycle track going from the dulais Valley villages to neath.
4) Do you think there are routes missing from the map that would help you make every-day active travel journeys?
1) Did you take part in Neath Port Talbot's previous on-line active travel engagement in 2020/2021?
5) Do you have any additional comments regarding cycling and walking facilities or active travel policy that you would like Neath Port Talbot Council to consider?
Make unused railway tracks into cycle tracks.. creat cycle tracks from the dulais Valley to neath. So unsafe.. also legalise escooters for cycle track use as these are more economical and emissions free
4a) If you answered yes to question 4, please provide more details.
I believe that connecting, the dulais valleys to Aberdulais would be amazing for all. The dulais valleys have some amazing places to visit, and vice versa. This will also encourage people who live in these valleys to find employment more towards neath centre, whilst not relying on the bus links.
2a) If no, which route assessments do you think are incorrect and why.
I don’t know if I have interpreted the map correctly but I can not see any off road cycle route or footpath that links Crynant to Aberdulais and then Neath. If that is correct I think it has been massively underestimated how dangerous that road is for road users. It is bendy, visibility is poor due to tree cover and several hidden side turnings. Also the speed of vehicles is over excess with several overtakes witnessed. Therefore, as a resident of Crynant I feel isolated from the surrounding towns and villages unless you travel by car or bus, but we need to focus more on health and environmental factors and make walking and cycling a safe option
Safe cycle routes away from the busy main road. I have young children and I’d like to take them cycling but feel we have to drive to other locations such as Afanargoed or Llanelli cycle path to do this!
Off road route connecting Crynant to Neath
Whether it would be possible to use the trainline as a cycle route if it is becoming disused in the future? This lends itself well to an off road cycle route
10 months ago
Safer path/cycling route into Neath from Dulais Valley
A route from Dulais valley through to Neath
1) Did you take part in our previous on-line active travel engagement in 2020/2021?
I cannot find the legend. My understanding though is there is no off road cycle routes and having seen a fatality on the a4109 I would be keen on a cycle/walking route off the road. O would run/cycle to work
Cannot get the legend to work
It would have to be away from the a4109 to work
I cannot see the legend!